Want a crunch without the nuts? Add corn flakes. My daughter baked this recipe every week when she was in HS, and we still enjoy it! Make cookies or bars. These freeze well, so make extra for gifts and special occasions.
My Private Note
2inch c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon skim milk or 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 1/4 cups crushed corn flakes
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2Mix flour, baking soda, and salt together in medium bowl.
- 3In large mixing bowl, beat butter, margarine, brown sugar, sugar, egg, milk, vanilla and oil until mixture is creamy and well-blended.
- 4To creamed mixture, beat in flour mixture, a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Stir in corn flakes and chocolate chips.
- 6Drop by heaping teaspoonsful on an ungreased cookie sheet, placing dough about 2-inches apart.
- 7Bake about 12 minutes or until cookies start to very lightly brown on the edges.
- 8Remove from oven and let cool about 2 minutes.
- 9Remove cookies from cookie sheet and place on rack to completely cool.
- 10Store in air-tight container.
- 11Cookies would keep for several weeks without refrigeration, but they won't last that long.
- 12VARIATION: Spread dough into a 2x11x15-inch cookie pan.
- 13Bake for 20-30 minutes, until set in the middle.
- 14Cool slightly and cut into squares.
- 15Cool completely and remove from pan.
- 16ALTERNATIVE: Omit corn flakes and use 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shannon's Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (10 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 168
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.2
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.7 mg
- Sodium 49.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 0.4 g