1/1 Photo of Shannon's Bread & Butter Pickles
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is a recipe that Shannon's grandmother passed down to her. I was priviledged to meet this gracious, very lively lady this past Christmas. Shannon packs these in pint size mason jars to give as Christmas presents ... which I thoroughly enjoy receiving (and eating) :D
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut cucumbers and onions and place in large bowl. [Cucumber: cut in 1/4 inch rounds, then cut each round into quarters (4 piecs). Onions should be cut to about the same size.].
- 2Add enough water to just cover and soak for 1 hour; then drain.
- 3Bring to boil vinegar, sugar, turmeric, and celery seeds to boil.
- 4Add cucumbers and onions to liquid. Cook until cucumbers change color. (Sorry, the recipe doesn't say how long this takes. I'm guessing 15 minutes; I may be way off.).
- 5Place in mason jars while still hot to seal.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shannon's Bread & Butter Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (1556 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 644.0
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14153.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 159.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 153.4 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: