Recipe by Shannon Holmes
I came up with this recipe when I used to eat at Arby's and I made it low fat. Hope you enjoy it.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat and cut into small pieces
- cooking spray
- Mexican seasoning
- 1 cup fat-free cheddar cheese
- 2 cups spinach, washed well and sliced thin
- very thin slices red onion
- 1 small firm tomatoes, chopped
- 4 9 inch low-fat flour tortillas or 4 9 inch fat free flour tortillas
- nonfat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chicken in large skillet sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of mexican spices.
- Cook until chicken is white inside and browned on outside.
- Spray quesadilla maker with no stick cooking spray and place one tortilla flat on cooking plate.
- Layer with half of chicken, half of spinach, half of cheese, half of tomatoes and desired amount of onions.
- Top with another tortilla.
- Snap top shut and cook about 5 minutes or until crispy and brown.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.
- You can also cook this in the oven at 350 F until brown or place half of ingredients on a tortilla, fold in half and brown on each side in a large skillet.
- I sometimes saute a small amount of mushrooms in the skillet the chicken was cooked in and put them on the quesadillas.
- I also wanted to add that this can be made vegetarian using this recipe for "chicken" made from Textured Soy Protein Chunks, this is a recipe from Chef Deborah http://www.vegsource.com/talk/recipes/messages/47153.html Saute the "chicken" in oil until browned and proceed with recipe.