Recipe by Debbwl
These were a big hit at the last family get together. The recipe comes from my cousin and is based on her mother’s little smokies in apricot recipe.
Top Review by pammyowl
Very good, but I did make some changes. I was afraid the meatballs would be dry without added liquid, so I added a splash of milk also a tbsp. of parsley just for color. Instead of frying in a pan I baked them at 325 for 25 mn. Then put them in the small crock pot. Meanwhile,I heated the preserves and BBQ sauce in a saucepan, poured it over the meatballs, but found it needed more sauce, so doubled that. Thanks for posting this yummy appetizer!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finley chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 lb ground beef (you can use 1/2 pound of each ground pork and ground beef)
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble raw meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1" balls.
- In a skillet working in batches brown meatballs in medium heat skillet. Drain and transfer to a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Combine preserves and barbecue sauce; pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.
- Serve from a warm from oven or keep warm in small warming pot. Best enjoyed warm.