1/1 Photo of Shanna's Jiffy Mix Cornbread Made Better!
I got this from our dear daughter and wow does it make the cornbread moister and creamier. Thanks Babycakes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Mix Jiffy, milk, and egg in a small bowl. Mix until all ingredients are well blended but not over beaten/mixed. Place into an 8x8 baking dish (or cake pan) and bake for 15-20 minutes. (This step is all from package directions).
- 2Remove from oven and immediately spread the butter over top of cornbread until butter is melted and bread is fully coated on top.
- 3Immediately cover with aluminum foil, creating a tight seal around the pan. Wait 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- 4The foil steams in the butter and makes a normally gritty cornbread nice and smooth and creamy. The leftovers (if any), also keep better as it retains it's moisture. Simply microwave any leftover slices for about 20 seconds and serve!
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shanna's Jiffy Mix Cornbread Made Better!
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.4
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 40.5 mg
- Sodium 311.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 3.2 g