Recipe by 2Bleu
My Daughter Shanna loves this recipe.
Top Review by luvmybge
This was very good... just too salty. I even used low sodium soy sauce. I'm a salt lover... but this is just too much salt for my taste and I carry a salt shaker in my bag with me. I used salted butter for this. The Recipe doesn't say use unsalted. .. or salted. Maybe it's my fault. It says butter... so I used real salted butter. I pounded the breast and then used a Jaccard on it... then dusted and filled with butter... rolled... dusted again because the flour seemed to be not enough after I had rolled it. I think this recipe has potential... I love trying new recipes. Thanks!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- flour, for dredging
Directions See How It's Made
- MAKE SEASONED BUTTER: In a medium sized bowl, mix butter (room temperature), garlic powder, and parsley. Slowly add the soy sauce to incorporate. place in the fridge to firm up a bit while you prep the chicken.
- PREPARE CHICKEN: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place one chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using a mallet, flatten to an even thickness of about 1/2". Repeat with remaining breasts. (NOTE: If desired, once you pound the breast out flat, you can cut it in half lengthwise to make smaller serving sizes).
- (Do for each piece) Dredge chicken breast in flour and place it on the counter smooth side down. Take 1/8 of the butter and roll it in a log shape the width of a breast.
- Place the butter log on one end of the breast. Dust with a little more flour. Roll the breast up, securing with a toothpick if needed. Take another 1/8 of the butter and spread over top.
- Place in baking dish. Continue with the other 3 breasts. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.