Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from a friend of my mom's. She worked at a bakery and always made the best baked goods! If you are not big on a lot of topping (why else eat coffee cake) it can be halved easily.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (use margarine sticks)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Mix all cake ingredients together.
- Put 1/2 of the batter in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix topping ingredients together, and sprinkle 1/2 on top of them over batter.
- Dot the top with remaining batter and then sprinkle other 1/2 of topping mixture.
- Bake 350° for 30 minutes or till golden brown.
Extremely easy to make, and I'm a non-baker. I made 4 last weekend to give to kith and kin. The only thing I do differently is put the streusel mix on top of the cake; otherwise, it sinks to the bottom. Love this cake!
This tasted pretty good but I was really disappointed with the streusel part. It all sunk to the bottom and stuck on the 9 by 13 pan. If I make it again I will not put the topping in the middle of the cake..only on top.
Made as directed, moist and delicious, thanks for a great recipe.