Recipe by MarraMamba
These are a combination of shrimp and chicken or beef(your preference) If you don't want to make them look like little bags, then feel free to just fold them as you would a potsticker.
Top Review by loof
These little dumplings were really good! I used shrimp only (no chicken) but otherwise made as specified. I have to admit I was a little intimidated at first but this recipe was really easy and the dumplings turned out great! Thanks for sharing!
- 450 g Chinese cabbage
- 150 g prawns, chopped finely
- 50 wonton skins
- 100 g skinless chicken (chopped finely or beef with no fat)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice (20 g ginger, pounded and mix with 2 tbsp of water)
- black mushroom, sliced thinly and fried with small amount of oil in a non-stick pan. (or bean curd) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 red chilies, pounded
- 1⁄2 inch gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch cabbage until soft and slice thinly.
- Mix meat, cabbage and prawn with seasoning.
- Scoop 1 tsp of the mixed ingredients onto the wanton skin.
- Apply a small amount of water at the side of the wanton skin, gather up the skin to make a little "purse" out of them, and tie with a chive, or thin layer of a green onion.
- Boil water in a pot and cook dumplings for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Scoop dumplings and place on a plate.
- Serve with sauce:.
- Combine all ingredients together with boiling water.
- 10 dumplings/ Serves 5.