1/1 Photo of Shanghai Pasta (With Shrimp and Sweet Bell Peppers)
I really love this dish and hope you enjoy it too. The red and yellow sweet peppers, along with the bright green beans, combine for a very pretty presentation. Credit goes to Gene Lee, who first submitted this recipe to Family Circle. I modified it a bit to my tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces dried fettuccine pasta (or other type such as Linguine, Fusilli, etc.)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green beans, the slender kind, cut in half (or you may substitute 1 cup pea pods)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 12 ounces frozen large shrimp, without tails (peeled, deveined and thawed, 26 to 30 shrimp per pound count)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (or you may substitute 1/2 tsp. ginger root powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon bottled plum sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili paste (optional)
- 1Mix ingredients for the sauce (listed above) and set aside.
- 2Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- 3In a large skillet or wok, cook and stir green beans and sweet peppers in hot oil for five minutes. Push veggies to the side if using a wok. Otherwise pour them in with the pasta to free up the skillet.
- 4Add a little oil to the skillet if needed, to continue. Add the garlic, ginger, and black pepper. When oil is hot, add the shrimp and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until they are opaque.
- 5Add sauce to skillet. (If substituting pea pods for green beans, add them now too).
- 6Finally, add pasta, green beans and sweet peppers back into the skillet and heat through.
- 7To serve, top with sesame seeds and green onions.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shanghai Pasta (With Shrimp and Sweet Bell Peppers)
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.1
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 155.4 mg
- Sodium 1304.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 21.7 g