Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the PF Chang website.
- 453.59 g shanghai noodles, egg-based
- 907.18 g rib eye steaks, 1 inch cut
- 453.59 g broccoli floret
- 1 large white onion, julienned
- 29.58 ml garlic, minced
- 29.58 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 4.92 ml dried chili pepper flakes
- 59.14 ml soy sauce, gluten free preferably
- 236.59 ml hoisin sauce
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 85.04 g butter, unsalted
- 59.16 ml soy bean oil or 59.16 ml sesame
- 59.14 ml orange juice, fresh squeezed
- salt and pepper
- Combine the hoisin, orange juice and soy sauce with a whisk and reserve. In a small bowl, combine ginger, chili flakes and garlic with 2 tablespoons soy bean oil. Add salt and pepper to the mixture and combine well.
- Add rib eye steaks to marinade and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- While steaks are marinating, blanch the noodles and broccoli. Bring large pot of water to a boil. Place the broccoli in a wire basket and cook for about 4 minutes at a slow boil.
- Remove from pot and place in ice water to stop the cooking process. Let sit in ice bath for a couple minutes until chilled.
- In the same pot, cook Shanghai noodles until al dente, about 5 or 6 minutes. Remove and pour into colander.
- Once the excess water is removed, place the noodles on a sheet tray, and lightly coat with soy bean oil, being sure to move the noodles to prevent them from sticking. Let cool to room temperature, moving occasionally.
- Remove beef from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature for about 5 minutes before cooking.
- Season with salt and pepper. In a very hot oiled sauté pan, place the steaks and let cook for 5 minutes on each side (to medium-rare).
- While the steaks are cooking, place 1 tablespoon of soy bean oil in a warm sauté pan and sweat the onions with 1 teaspoon of garlic, ginger and chili flakes. Once the onions are translucent, add the white wine and allow to reduce by ¾. Add hoisin mixture and stir. Let simmer for 3-4 minutes then add noodles.
- Toss the noodles with the sauce and allow the noodles to get hot, about 4 minutes. Add the blanched broccoli and continue to cook until noodles and broccoli are hot. Add the butter and continue to toss until noodles and.broccoli are coated.
- Divide the noodles unto four separate plates. Place the beef on a cutting board and cut into thin strips. Lay the rib eye slices on top of the noodles. Serve and enjoy!