Recipe by Kermit in Huntsville
This is a great vegetarian dish the or serve along side meat or seafood
- 8 ounces shanghai noodles (or Udon Noddles)
- 1⁄3 cup cashews
- 1 -2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 (19 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1⁄2 water (omit if using lite coconut milk)
- 1 lime (zested & juiced)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (omit for vegetarian)
- 2 bunches bok choy (chopped)
- 1 cup carrot (julienned)
- 8 basil leaves (fresh & torn)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles as per package.
- Toast cashews.
- In pan add red curry paste, oil and garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, water if using, and carrots & simmer 5 minutes.
- Add juice, zest, sugar, fish sauce if using and cook 5 minutes.
- Add bok choy and simmer 2 minutes just until bok choy is still crispy.
- Divide noodles into bowls.
- Add coconut milk mixture.
- Spoon sauce over noodles .
- Garnish with basil and cashews.