Recipe by Spankie
Collected from those racks of recipe cards at the supermarket, this recipe relives a streetside vendor's simplistic approach to a wonderfully tasty and quick meal.
- 1 lb broad egg noodle (from the Asian aisle)
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, minced (I use less)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I use more because I love garlic!)
- 1 lb pork, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, cleaned and shelled
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more a touch more, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large kettle of boiling salted water, cook the noodles; drain and reserve.
- In a wok, heat the oil. Quickly fry the ginger and garlic.
- Add the pork, shrimp and mushrooms. Cook thoroughly. Add the noodles and stir-fry until noodles are heated.
- Blend remaining ingredients and pour over noodles. Stir fry additional 2 minutes, and then serve.