Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty snack or as a meal.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄8 cup cabbage
- 1 1⁄4 cups lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Make the outside by mixing the first 4 ingredients together.
- Let rest for 30 minutes; refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Divide into 15 equal portions.
- Roll out into small circles.
- Place meat and cabbage filling in and twist tops to seal.
- Steam over boiling water in a steamer for 20 minutes until cooked through.
5 stars goes to the dough. This recipe is wonderful because it is easily personalizable. I happened to have some ground turkey in the freezer, so I used that as my meat. To season, I took the advice of Fairy Nuff and used hoisin sauce and soy sauce, which gave the meat a nice flavor. Wonderful!
Wonderful recipoe I've made it twice now, usually I just fill them with steak and take them with me to snack on at work throughout the week. My first time using a steamer and everything came out perfectly every time, kudos for the recipe!
I used shrimp instead of beef, mixed with some grated ginger, a few drops of sesame oil, and a little soy sauce. Very tasty little buns.