Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and wonderful oriental dish.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh Chinese noodles (medium)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 lb pork tenderloin or 1⁄2 lb chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine or 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 scallion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 9 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 head Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 bunch spinach leaves, washed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Drop noodles into boiling water, and cook about 4 minutes.
- Add cold water, and bring to boil for 1 minute.
- Rinse with cold running water, drain, mix with sesame seed oil, and set aside.
- Cut meat crosswise and julienne.
- Mix with 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, the wine, and the cornstarch.
- Stir-fry scallion, garlic, ginger and meat in 2 tablespoons heated oil at 400F until meat changes color (about 2 minutes).
- Add other tablespoon light soy sauce and sugar, remove, and keep warm.
- In clean wok, stir-fry cabbage in 2 tablespoons heated oil at 400F for 2 minutes, remove, and wipe out wok.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in wok, and add noodles (Do NOT stir).
- Let noodles brown on bottom (about 5 minutes), then turn noodle cake over.
- Brown other side in same manner, and remove to warm platter.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok, and add pork, cabbage, and dark soy sauce.
- Stir-fry until thoroughly heated.
- Thicken with dissolved cornstarch.
- Pour over noodles, and wipe out wok.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok until smoking hot (400F).
- Wilt spinach, add salt and pepper, and stir-fry quickly for 10 seconds.
- Arrange spinach around mound of covered noodles.
this was very quick and easy to put together. i used pork, bok choy and added some oyster sauce and black bean sauce for our taste. i had fresh noodles from the asian market which also cut down on the cooking time.