1/2 Photos of Shanghai Cold Noodles With Peanut Butter Sauce
This is a simple, quick, and healthy lunch recipe, especially during summer time. For vegetarians, switch the chicken strips with lettuce, extra firm tofu or finely chopped green onion, etc. Pour some peanut butter sauce on your choice. It can't go wrong!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch thin rice noodles or 2 ounces rice noodles
- 2 ounces chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup baby carrots, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup cucumber, cut into strips
- sesame seeds
- sriracha sauce (optional)
For the peanut butter sauce
- 1For the sauce, add peanut butter and milk in a small bowl, press the peanut butter against the bowl by the back of a small spoon. Stir until smooth. Add vinegar, low sodium soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and minced ginger. Stir and set aside. (Add more soy sauce if desire.).
- 2In a saucepan, bring a quart water to a boil and add chicken breast to cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken and set aside to cool down. (While cooking the chicken, cut the vegetables. Spend time wisely.).
- 3Follow the instructions on noodle package to cook noodles by using the chicken broth in the same saucepan. Normally cook in the boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
- 4Remove the cooked noodles from heat and rinse with cold water, then drain. Toss with 1 tsp sesame oil and set aside.
- 5Gently tear the cooled chicken into strips by following the meat grid.
- 6Place the noodles, vegetables, and chicken in a bowl or on a serving plate. Pour the peanut butter sauce on top and sprinkle some sesame seeds as topping. If you like spicy, squeeze some Sriracha sauce into it. Your lunch is ready!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shanghai Cold Noodles With Peanut Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.9
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.5 mg
- Sodium 514.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 18.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: