Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
30 minutes to prepare this tasty meal with only 5 ingredients. From Betty Crockers Dinner Made Easy's newsletter.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 12 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 16 ounces stir fry vegetables (fresh in the produce section) or 16 ounces chop suey vegetables (fresh in the produce section)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- Cook fettuccine according to the directions on the box. Drain well and set aside.
- While fettuccine is cooking spray a nonstick wok or 12 inch skillet with cooking spray. Over medium high heat cook chicken for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown stirring often. Stir in the vegetables and mushrooms cooking for approximately 3 minutes or until tender crisp and chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Stir the hoisin sauce into the chicken mixture and heat until boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for one minute. Add well drained fettuccine and toss well until coated and heated through. Serve immediately.
Good, rich flavor. I added some extra water, because DH likes a lot of sauce, and a little garlic. This is very nice for a weekday meal. Thanks for posting!
wonderful basic recipe! I used hokkien noodles, so I added a bit of extra water to the mix, and a teaspoon of cornflour. would totally tell any new cook to to try this, easy and good! nov 09 aussie swap
After a little tweaking to bolster up the flavor, this was a first class dinner in under 15 minutes. I added lots of garlic while sauteing the other veggies, stirred in some minced cilantro and generously sprinkled on red pepper flakes. My mushrooms did not give up very much liquid so a few dollops of hot pasta water were needed to get a respectable amount of sauce. I halved the recipe, more or less, and the 2 of us polished it all off. Thanks for posting this keeper of a recipe!