Recipe by Chef PotPie
We love this recipe, and have for many years. I've been making it since not long after we were married, and I still get requests. It's easy and quick. To make it healthier for us, I no longer sprinkle the chow mein noodles on top, but the kids sure loved them! The recipe card says this is from Woman's Day magazine. It would have sometime back in the 80's.
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons oil (I use cooking spray)
- 2 cups celery, sliced diagonally
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 -10 3⁄4 ounce cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium is fine)
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (2 ounce) jarsliced pimientos
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 (3 ounce) can chow mein noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into small cubes and saute in oil until firm.
- Stir in celery and saute until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in next 6 ingredients, bean sprouts through green onions.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice and top with chow mein noodles.