Recipe by Barb in WNY
Another recipe from years ago. I remember this as being so good. I also use to just use pork when veal was pricey.
- 1⁄2 lb boneless pork, cut into small thin strips
- 1⁄2 lb boneless veal shoulder, cut into small thin strips
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 ounces mushrooms, stems and pieces
- 1 lb Chinese vegetables, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 -5 cups chow mein noodles (I used rice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat pork and veal with flour.
- Brown meat in hot oil in a large skillet.
- Add gravy mix, soy sauce, mushrooms, and liquid from chow mein vegetables.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add celery, onion, and chow mein vegetables.
- Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Pour into shallow casserole or serving dish.
- Arrange noodles around the edges or serve over rice.