Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A unique taste to your BBQ
Make and share this Shanghai BBQ Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons of largley chopped garlic
- 2 1⁄4 ounces beefy dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 6 ounces chili sauce
- 15 ounces tomato puree
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 10 ounces teriyaki sauce
- Marinate chicken overnight in Teriyaki Sauce.
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan, while stirring add the garlic and heat over medium heat 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the soup mix, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
- Return to med heat, while stirring add the vinegar, chili sauce, puree and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Continue to stir until sauce starts to boil, turn to low heat and simmer for 25-30 min stirring frequently.
- Coat the chicken in the BBQ sauce and place into a 325 degree oven for one hour for large pieces or 1/2 hour for drumettes. Baste occasionally with the remaining sauce. Broil the chicken for 1-2 minutes at the end of the cooking period if you desire a crisper skin on the chicken.