Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is alleged to come from Dickens. An article in The Bollard (www.thebollard.com), September 2008, points out that the ale one uses in this recipe determines the lightness of the drink.
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 ounce orange brandy (such as Grand Marnier)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice (juice of half a lemon)
- 1⁄2 pint ale
- 1⁄2 pint ginger beer (good ginger ale will do)
- Into your favorite tankard put the ice, orange brandy, and lemon juice.
- Add the ale and ginger beer.
- Drink with a twist of lemon peel.