Recipe by YnkyGrlDwndr
I just bunged this up last night for guests and it was well liked! Next time I am going to add some chopped coriander leaves in with the shredded lettuce.
Top Review by JustJanS
I made a half recipe of this but used all the cumin and coriander listed. My refried beans had chilli in them, so I didn't add extra to them, but put some tabasco in the sour cream. I made my own guacomole and used a medium comercial salsa, I also added in some chopped fresh coriander to the lettuce. Our visitors really raved over this tonight and the guest who has had lap band surgery said I should recommend it as a dish easy to eat (for her at least).
- 2 (450 g) cans refried beans
- 300 g guacamole
- 375 g chunky salsa (heat to taste)
- 500 g sour cream
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground hot chili peppers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat refried beans in sauce pan adding 1 tsp of each of the spices (taste and add more if preferred).
- Stir and heat until well blended and easy to spread.
- Spread bean mix evenly into 13' x 9' baking dish.
- Spread guacamole evenly on top of beans.
- Spread salsa evenly on top of guacamole.
- Mix sour cream in separate bowl to pouring consistance add remaining spices mixing well (taste and add more spice if preferred).
- Pour sour cream mixture over salsa spreading evenly.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, spread sliced onion, shredded lettuce, and sliced black olives on top.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.