Recipe by Mareesme
A mousse-like dessert even leprecauns would love! Taken from a St. Patrick's day website on the internet. (Cooking time does not include chilling time)
- 1 1⁄4 ounces unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mint extract
- 6 -7 drops green food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle gelatin over water in medium saucepan; let stand 2 minutes to soften. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Stir together sugar and cocoa in small bowl; gradually add to gelatin mixture, stirring with whisk until well blended. Continue to cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Stir in evaporated milk and vanilla. Pour mixture into large bowl. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from spoon, about 20 minutes. Fold 1/2 cup whipped topping into chocolate mixture.
- Divide about half of mixture evenly among 8 parfait or wine glasses. Stir extract and food color into remaining 1-1/2 cups topping; divide evenly among glasses. Spoon remaining chocolate mixture over topping in each glass. Garnish as desired. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving time.