Recipe by txgammi
I came across this recipe tonight and wanting to keep in tune with the upcoming St. Patrick's Day thought I would post it. I haven't made it yet but will as the 17th approaches. It's a cute idea and sounds good.
- 1 (22 1/3 ounce) package sugar cookie mix
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 4 teaspoons water
- mini milk chocolate kiss
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot milk or 1 tablespoon light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 drops green food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cookie mix and cocoa in large bowl and mix well.
- Add oil, eggs, and water Mix with fork or spoon until well blended (dough will clump together and be easy to handle) Shape dough into balls, using about 1 level measuring teaspoon of dough for each ball Cluster 4 balls together on ungreased cookie sheet to form Shamrock Flatten each"leaf" just slightly For stem, shape 1 ball into pencil shape and tuck stem under bottom of Shamrock leaves Bake 7-8 minutes or until set After cooling slightly remove cookies to wire rack and cool completely.
- Shamrock Frosting Combine softened butter, powdered sugar, hot milk or cream, vanilla, and food coloring.
- Mix until smooth.
- Outline shamrock and stem with Shamrock Frosting Place small amount of frosting in center of cookie Press mini kiss in center of frosting.