Recipe by Ambassadress of GoodHumor
You ain't never tasted such a dev'lish temptation as this! Tha' icin' is a pure cake lover's dream come true! Even those folk with with wills of steel won't be able to turn down a slice! Shameless tempter! I'm gonna tell yo' mama!
- 1 box swiss chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 Hershey Bars (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- First and foremost, do not prepare the cake mix according to directions on the box.
- Place cake mix, pudding, eggs, milk and oil in a mixing bowl and mix well at medium speed for about 2 1/2 minutes.
- Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 8" round cakepans.
- Bake at 325* for 20-25 minutes, or until cake tests done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place cakes on wire racks to cool.
- As cakes cool, prepare frosting: Cream together cream cheese& the sugars.
- Beat until creamy and sugar granules have dissipated.
- Fold in Cool Whip, nuts and chopped Hershey bars.
- Frost cake (be generous with the icing, there is lots of it!).
- Store cake, covered in refrigerator.