Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious casserole recipe that has been in my family for hundreds of years. Tweaked year by year to suit to a more modern taste pallet. The spicy flavor of the sausage combined with the intense flavor of the mushrooms boasts this international classic.
- 946.36 ml fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 226.79 g package spicy sausage
- 226.79 g container sliced mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese
- 226.79 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 226.79 g package puff pastry sheets
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook sausage to package directions, remove from heat slice and set to side. In same pan sausage was cooked in saute garlic & onion till translucent. Add spinach & mushroom then turn to coat. Add in sausage, soup & cheese. Mix well put in casserole dish and top with Puff pastry. Bake @ 350 for 20-30 min or until pastry is crispy & brown.
I was very excited to find this recipe, my family has a similar family recipe that has been around for a very long time. When I found this, I was happy to give it a try. I have made it now for a second time, and with adjusting some of the ingredients slightly and adding thyme and rosemary this a very delicious dish. I would recommend this dinner to anyone.