Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
For alcohol-free festivities, try a bit of fake fizz! This delicately flavoured recipe makes 6 servings. Cheers! NOTE: If you've previously saved my recipe for Sham-pagne Cocktail and now think this looks different, you’re right! This is a new recipe posted in place of the earlier one, which I discovered to be a duplicate of the "Mock Champagne" recipe posted by Sharon123! Hey, that's two recipes for the price of one :-)
- 1 (14 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice (in syrup or fruit juice)
- 4 tablespoons elderflower cordial
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 28 fluid ounces tonic water, chilled
- 6 cocktail cherries
- Empty the pear halves and syrup into a blender, add the elderflower cordial and lemon juice then 'whizz' ingredients together to a smooth puree.
- Pour 2 fluid ounces puree into the bottom of each glass.
- Top glasses up with tonic water (watch it fizz!)and give the contents of each glass a quick stir; serve with a cocktail cherry.
- NOTE: you can make the puree in advance and leave it in the fridge until you're ready to use it; the longer you leave the puree, the more the flavours will develop.
I'm definitely going to fiddle with this recipe. The concept is GREAT so thanks for posting! We just found it ever so slightly sweet and fruity in our quest for a dry Sham-Pagne. Thanks for a potential project! ;-)