Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is from the FOOD column by Anjali Vellody, Weekend. Hope you enjoy it!
- 6 1⁄2 ounces tuna, washed,drained and flaked
- 3⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes or 1 tablespoon oven dried tomatoe
- 3⁄4 cup celery, washed and finely chopped
- 12 slices bread
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- oil, as required to fry
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna with the onion, sun-dried/oven dried tomatoes and celery.
- Divide this mixture into 6 equal parts.
- Spread each portion of the mixture onto 6 slices of bread.
- Top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Then, carefully press down another bread slice over each of the prepared bread slices.
- This way make the sandwiches.
- Combine the milk and egg mixture in a big and wide bowl.
- Carefully dip each sandwich in this mixture.
- Heat a few tbsps.
- of oil in a non-stick pan.
- Shallow fry all the prepared sandwiches in the oil, one at a time.
- Make sure the sandwiches are browned on both sides before removing and draining on clean paper kitchen towels.
- Serve hot.