Recipe by Oolala
From a recipe insert on shallots at Trader Joe's supermarket. Sounds good so keeping it here for the future.
- 1 lb sirloin, cubed
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 6 shallots, cut into quarters
- 2 red potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss cubed meat in flour and all spices (to coat).
- After covering with flour, remove meat and saute in the olive oil until brown.
- Add shallots and saute 5 minutes.
- Add red potatoes and saute an additional 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and water, then let simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir and simmer 30-35 minutes.