Recipe by Babychops
I had some potatoes and shallots on hand and was looking for something to do for a side dish and came up with this. They came out SO GOOD! And with just enough heat to warm your tummy... There were no leftovers!
- 4 russet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 59.16 ml butter
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml pepper, coarsely ground
- 78.07 ml ranch dressing
- 4.92 ml Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Alternate potatoes and shallots around small baking dish adding bits of butter as you go (stacking vertically).
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour Ranch over that.
- Sprinkle Tabasco over that (use as you like, I just shook it liberally, the tsp measure is an approx).
- Place in oven alongside whatever else you're roasting (for me it was Mermaid's Tender Roast Chicken.
- You can cook for at least 1.5 hours and up to 2. The longer you roast them the browner and crunchier the edges get and that's a VERY good thing!
- Ladle up and enjoy!