Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
I often make this to serve with vegetable biriyani as the onion taste isn't as strong.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 -4 large shallots, finely diced
- salt, as needed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- cayenne powder, dash
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- Put the yougurt into a serving bowl.
- Add water, more or less, depending on how thick you want the yogurt to be, and stir until smooth.
- Add the shallots and salt and blend.
- In a small frying pan put the oil and mustard seeds. Heat over high heat until the mustard seeds have popped for about 5 seconds.
- Quickly add the cayenne and then pour the mixture into the yogurt. Stir.
- Garnish with the cilantro.
- Set in the fridge for a time so that the flavors can marry. Good served with vegetable biriyani.