Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A different side dish
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups sliced shallots
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Place oven rack in the middle position; preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray four 6-ounce ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add in shallots; stir/saute until they are nicely browned; set aside.
- In a bowl, light whisk the eggs with salt, pepper, and baking powder.
- Stir in cream and parmesan cheese; fold in shallots.
- Set the prepared ramekins in a large baking pan lined with a dish towel.
- Ladle the mixture into ramekins and place the pan on the oven rack.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until firm to touch and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and serve at once.
Fun and quite delicious!