1/1 Photo of Shallot- Butter Sauce for Seafood BBQ
This sauce is wonderful for BBQ oysters. Just slip some into the oyster when the shell pops open. Myself, I nearly always add garlic but it is a lovely subtle sauce even without my friend Ms Garlic. There is enough sauce for 4 servings of seafood
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put 2 tbsp butter in fry pan and sauté the shallots until transparent& golden 5 minutes.
- 2Whisk in the beer, vinegar, lemon juice& cayenne.
- 3Heat 2-3 minutes until bubbly and kind of syrupy.
- 4Cut remaining butter into table spoons and over very low heat (barely warm) adding a tbsp at a time whisking it into the sauce.
- 5Add the next piece only after the previous one has melted inches.
- 6Remove sauce from heat and whisk in the hot sauce and parsley.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Serve the sauce barely warm with your favorite seafood.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shallot- Butter Sauce for Seafood BBQ
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.0
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.1 g
- Saturated Fat 29.1 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 361.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.9 g