Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sauce is wonderful for BBQ oysters. Just slip some into the oyster when the shell pops open. Myself, I nearly always add garlic but it is a lovely subtle sauce even without my friend Ms Garlic. There is enough sauce for 4 servings of seafood
- Put 2 tbsp butter in fry pan and sauté the shallots until transparent& golden 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the beer, vinegar, lemon juice& cayenne.
- Heat 2-3 minutes until bubbly and kind of syrupy.
- Cut remaining butter into table spoons and over very low heat (barely warm) adding a tbsp at a time whisking it into the sauce.
- Add the next piece only after the previous one has melted inches.
- Remove sauce from heat and whisk in the hot sauce and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the sauce barely warm with your favorite seafood.
this is a wonderful butter sauce. ms garlic was definately invited to the party! i used red onions instead of shallots, and i only used half the amount of butter because i wanted a strong flavor. served over broiled tilapia, it made for a lovely meal. for some reason, the sauce tasted like it had bacon in it (a good thing to me!) this tasted like a fancy restaraunt sauce.