Recipe by GoKittenGo
I've never made this, but have had it marked as a "must try" for ages. It's from the Victory Garden cookbook. Preparation time is approximate.
- 2 small ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 9 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare dressing by mashing garlic with salt, stirring in oil and lemon juice or vinegar, and seasoning with pepper to taste.
- Peel and seed avocado.
- Slice vertically from end to end into thin wedges, and dip wedges in lemon juice to prevent yellowing.
- Arrange wedges in a slightly overlapping strip on a serving plate.
- Arrange shallots in a strip down the middle of the avocado.
- Dress to taste.