1/3 Photos of Shaky Beef by Doublethegarlic
This is a take-off of Chef #491598's inspirational Shaky Beef recipe. Absolutely beautiful and FULL of flavor. Prep and cooking time are dependent upon how much chopping/cooking your vegetables require.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar or 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons oil (I use olive, & usu. more than 3 T.)
- 500 g beef (cubed or sliced thin)
- 500 g vegetables (mange tout, leek, & baby corn are pictured)
- 1Mix the first 8 ingredients with 1 T. oil in a large bowl or tupperware container. Add the meat, cover, and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- 2After marination, heat the remaining oil in a wok or frying pan and stir fry the beef and vegetables to your preferred done-ness.
- 3(Cook's note: Since different veggies take different times to cook, I always stir-fry ea. veg. seperately and then remove it to a bowl while I cook the next veg, etc. Esp. with large quantities of veg, I think that this prevents the whole thing from becoming too soggy and losing that stir-fried quality. I also use 1-2 T. oil per veg. stir-fried, and more if the food is sticking or burning, or if the pan is smoking.).
- 4Serve over rice. (Basmati, of course!).
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shaky Beef by Doublethegarlic
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.6
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 883.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar