Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a take-off of Chef #491598's inspirational Shaky Beef recipe. Absolutely beautiful and FULL of flavor. Prep and cooking time are dependent upon how much chopping/cooking your vegetables require.
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar or 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons oil (I use olive, & usu. more than 3 T.)
- 500 g beef (cubed or sliced thin)
- 500 g vegetables (mange tout, leek, & baby corn are pictured)
- Mix the first 8 ingredients with 1 T. oil in a large bowl or tupperware container. Add the meat, cover, and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- After marination, heat the remaining oil in a wok or frying pan and stir fry the beef and vegetables to your preferred done-ness.
- (Cook's note: Since different veggies take different times to cook, I always stir-fry ea. veg. seperately and then remove it to a bowl while I cook the next veg, etc. Esp. with large quantities of veg, I think that this prevents the whole thing from becoming too soggy and losing that stir-fried quality. I also use 1-2 T. oil per veg. stir-fried, and more if the food is sticking or burning, or if the pan is smoking.).
- Serve over rice. (Basmati, of course!).
Wonderful stir-fry recipe! Loved the sweet/salty combination of the sauce; the pepper balanced that well and next time I'll add some crushed red pepper flakes for a little kick. I love a recipe that is flexible to the ingredients on hand - for my veggies I used green and red bell pepper, zucchini, and broccoli. Thanks for sharing a great recipe! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011