Recipe by katehindin
Delicious Vietnamese Beef dish - best left overnight in fridge! Great on a fresh salad with the sauce as a dressing.
Top Review by DoubletheGarlic
This is absolutely divine. DH & I are united in our five-star rating and give it the "restaurant quality" badge! Necessity being the mother of invention, I fiddled with three of the ingredients, and as I found the marinade to be so very full-bodied and ZAPPY, I made this into a full-blown meat-n-veg stir-fry! See my changes in a new recipe entree "Shaky Beef by DoubletheGarlic", but three cheers to Chef #491598 for this keeper!!
- 6 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar or 2 tablespoons light muscovado sugar
- 2 tablespoons chiense rice wine
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 750 g rump steak, cut into 2 . 5cm (1 inch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the garlic, soy sauce, sugar, rice wine, spring onion and pepper with half the oil in a large bowl and ass thr steak. Mix well, cover and leave in the refrisgerator overnight.
- Heat the reminaing oil in a large frying pan and when it's just beginning to smkoe, put in the beef cubes, in one layer. Cook, without stirring for about 1 minute - there shoudl be a thin crust at the bottom.
- Shake the pan vigorously to loosen the beef (use tongs or chopsticks if you need to) and continue to cook, shaking the pan every so often, until the beef is cooked to your taste.
- Allow 4 minutes for medium-done beef.
- Serve with the sauce, rice and salad.