Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Breakfast For Dinner
Make and share this Shakshuka recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 anaheim chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, with their juice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- large egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- warm pita bread or baguette, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, peppers, and jalapenos and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and beginning to brown, about 7 minutes. Add tomatoes with their juices, vegetable broth, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper. Lower heat and simmer for 20 to 22 minutes, until thickened.
- Crack eggs on top of sauce, cover and cook for 6-10 minutes, depending on how firm you like your yolks. Sprinkle parsley and feta cheese over top and serve with warm bread.