Recipe by angelo2
This recipe is my fathers version of shakshuka.It comes from Egypt where he was born but of Italian and french parents( undoubtedly their spin on it) I have always liked this dish and so do my children now.....''Dad, Dad make the shakshuka please".( when they visit me ).
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of good quality olive oil
- 2 cans of peeled tomatoes
- cumin, to your taste
- 1 dash balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- put olive oil in a large frying pan and heat on medium ( we are not frying the sauce).
- put in the 2 cans of tomato and sprinkle some cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
- a dash of balsamic vinegar.
- Now cook sauce on a gentle heat for about 15 minutes.
- Make a spot in the sauce by using a spoon to make a 'well' in it.
- put egg in said spot.
- cover and cook to your liking.