Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a modern interpretation of the traditional Israeli dish.
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled diced into 1 inch chunks
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml smoked paprika (Spanish)
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 750.12 g box diced tomatoes (recommend Pomi Chopped Tomatoes)
- 340.19 g frozen artichoke hearts, quartered
- 118.29 ml roasted red pepper, sliced (packed in water)
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- In a large, deep skillet, heat oil on medium. Add onion and saute, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add potatoes, cumin, coriander, paprika and salt and saute for 1 more minute.
- Add tomatoes with juices, artichokes, red peppers and 1/2 cup water. Stir to combine, increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in parsley. Carefully crack eggs into skillet over top of potato mixture. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, until eggs are just set. Garnish with additional parsley and serve immediately.