Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a modern interpretation of the traditional Israeli dish.
Make and share this Shakshouka recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled diced into 1 inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika (Spanish)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) box diced tomatoes (recommend Pomi Chopped Tomatoes)
- 12 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, sliced (packed in water)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- In a large, deep skillet, heat oil on medium. Add onion and saute, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add potatoes, cumin, coriander, paprika and salt and saute for 1 more minute.
- Add tomatoes with juices, artichokes, red peppers and 1/2 cup water. Stir to combine, increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in parsley. Carefully crack eggs into skillet over top of potato mixture. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, until eggs are just set. Garnish with additional parsley and serve immediately.