Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Every September in India a grat festival is held to give thanks to Ganesha (the elephant god). A celebratory pudding is eaten in celebration - kheer, creamy rice pudding. Because I love coconut, I've changed to recipe & replaced the regular milk with coconut milk. Note that you can adjust thickness by using less or more milk. This is not for everyday as it is very sweet.
- Soak the rice in cold water 30 minutes & rinse.
- Measure the sweetened condensed milk and stir in the saffron. Set aside.
- Boil the rice and coconut milk together, then simmer, stirring from time to time, until the rice is tender (about 15 minutes).
- Add the condensed milk and saffron to the rice and coconut milk. Turn off heat.
- Can be served warm and garnished with golden raisins or sliced almonds.
- Served cool can be topped with Redi Whip.