Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't know if you remember Shakey's Pizza but they would serve these potatoes with their famous Chicken and it was so good!! The best pizza and chicken with potatoes EVER!! Make them and let me know what you think!!
- Bake the potatoes in the oven at 425F for about 1 hour, let cool. (I rub olive oil on my potatoes, then wrap in foil, my preference)
- Cut each potato into 1/4" rounds.
- Heat oil to 375°F
- Stir together the flour, cayenne, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. (you can adjust seasonings to your liking)
- Dip each potato wedge into the milk (can add egg if you want), then dredge thoroughly in the seasoned flour mixture.
- Deep fry wedges without overcrowding, until crisp and golden.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
Shakeys used beer to make their mojos? In college, we'd go to the tv room in Shakeys and drink used beer left on the tables! The used pizza wasn't bad either.
This is not close because shakey's used beer in their chicken and mojo batter
Super tasty and delicious. Got my finnicky eater of a five year old sister to eat them. I dredged in milk, then flour, then milk again in order to get the right crispy crust