Recipe by babygirl65
I don't know if you remember Shakey's Pizza but they would serve these potatoes with their famous Chicken and it was so good!! The best pizza and chicken with potatoes EVER!! Make them and let me know what you think!!
- 6 large idaho baking potatoes
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the potatoes in the oven at 425F for about 1 hour, let cool. (I rub olive oil on my potatoes, then wrap in foil, my preference)
- Cut each potato into 1/4" rounds.
- Heat oil to 375°F
- Stir together the flour, cayenne, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. (you can adjust seasonings to your liking)
- Dip each potato wedge into the milk (can add egg if you want), then dredge thoroughly in the seasoned flour mixture.
- Deep fry wedges without overcrowding, until crisp and golden.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.