Recipe by Recipe Junkie
From the book, Caramel Knowledge
Top Review by ladygwyn
Very easy to put together and throw in the oven. The flavors went together well and the chicken was moist. I used ritz type crackers because i was out of saltines and didn't have time to go to the store. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup crushed saltine crackers (10 single saltines)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed potato chips
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the beaten egg, paprika and salt in shallow bowl.
- Combine the cracker crumbs, potato chip crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, basil and cheese in a large, clean bag.
- Dip the chicken pieces, one at a time in the egg mixture, then shake them in the crumb mixture, coating well.
- Place the chicken pieces in a single layer in a greased baking pan.
- Bake 20 minutes, turn and bake 20 minutes more until done.