Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from the third largest Shaker Community in the United States...This corn pudding is a little bit like a flan,...soft, quivery, and with a custard layer..
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 whole eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- In a large bowl, blend the butter, sugar, flour and salt.
- Add the eggs, and beat well with a rotary beater or mixer on low --.
- Stir in the corn and milk (if using frozen corn, chop it up a little first to release the milky juices).
- Pour the ingredients into a buttered flat 10x6" casserole and bake at 325* for 45 minutes, stirring once halfway through the baking period.
- When done, the pudding will be golden brown on top and a knife inserted in the middle will come out clean.
- THIS MIXTURE CAN BE PREPARED AHEAD OF TIME AND KEPT IN THE REFRIGERATOR. STIR WELL, THEN POUR INTO A BAKING DISH AND BAKE AS INSTRUCTED.