Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Shaker Tavern is the hotel built in Logan Co., Kentucky near the Shaker settlement here. When the Shakers were here in Kentucky, they ran the tavern as a moneymaking establishment. Their cuisine was top notch. This dish is still served at the tavern and is absolutely over the top.
- 1 1⁄2 cups ranch salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (I use Grey Poupon)
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 4 chicken breasts
- 10 ounces pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the ranch dressing and mustard; set aside.
- Pound the chicken evenly and cut into strips. Toss on garlic and pepper to taste. Saute chicken in the butter until brown and cooked through.
- Add the wine. Stir and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in ranch and mustard mixture, heating thoroughly.
- Stir in the pasta. Serve with a sprinkling of the Parmesan cheese on top.