Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Shaker Tavern is the hotel built in Logan Co., Kentucky near the Shaker settlement here. When the Shakers were here in Kentucky, they ran the tavern as a moneymaking establishment. Their cuisine was top notch. This dish is still served at the tavern and is absolutely over the top.
- 1 1⁄2 cups ranch salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (I use Grey Poupon)
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 4 chicken breasts
- 10 ounces pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- Mix the ranch dressing and mustard; set aside.
- Pound the chicken evenly and cut into strips. Toss on garlic and pepper to taste. Saute chicken in the butter until brown and cooked through.
- Add the wine. Stir and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in ranch and mustard mixture, heating thoroughly.
- Stir in the pasta. Serve with a sprinkling of the Parmesan cheese on top.
Ok, I usually don't write reviews but I had to for this. I use these sites all the time and the recipes are always good. I follow them step by step and they turn out great every time!! This has to be the worse recipe I have ever made in my 14 years of cooking for my family "OK, maybe one other that was just as bad". Too much ranch, just, not tasty at all. So, I give this zero stars.
Better than I thought it would be. :)