Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
I don't know if the Shakers here in Kentucky had a bbq grill, but the marinade came from a Shaker cookbook from the library. I chose to grill my chickie. It's definitely a great way to prepare chicken instead of barbecue sauce.
Top Review by Patty C.
The marinade was simple to make with ingredients on hand.. I did make recipe as stated. Cooked one thigh for test. For my family's taste I thought it needed a flavor boost of some kind of herb.I did add a little rosemary. The cider vinegar does tenderize the chicken. I would make this again.
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup shallot (sub in a sweet onion if no shallots)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 lbs skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, and salt. Stir in garlic and shallots. Place chicken pieces in a zip top bag and pour in marinade. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to 3 hours.
- Preheat the grill. Place the chicken on the grill and cook 6-8 minutes per side or until done.
- Let rest briefly before serving.