Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are served at the Trustee's House at Pleasant Hill where "They make you kindly welcome." NOTE: The molasses (made at Pleasant Hill by Shakers) is what gives these muffins flavor. The squash does not overpower the flavors. These are truly something to try, especially if you are searching for ways to use squash.
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml molasses
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 59.14 ml pecans, chopped
- 236.59 ml squash, cooked and mashed
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 414.03 ml flour
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook, drain, and mash the squash to the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Cream the sugar, molasses, and butter; add the egg and squash and blend well.
- Mix the dry ingredients and add them into the squash mixture. Fold in the pecans.
- Fill muffin tins half full of batter and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
Amy loved squash and so do I. Like her dad always did, my dad gave me some squash from his garden. I thought of Amy right away and came to check her recipes. These muffins didn't have a review so I decided to give them a try. They are SUPERB! If you like the taste of molasses and pecans, you will love these. I made 6 regular sized muffins at the exact time stated and then used the rest of the mix for 24 minnies in about 15 minutes. I like the bigger muffins better because those bite sized ones are just not enough! Made during ZWT3 by a Floozie - Remembering Amy!